It’s always refreshing to listen to Zig Ziglar. Every time that I listen to Zig I learn something new. He has transcended every career and the most important of all, time.
This book was fun, I really enjoyed it. Zig’s humor and message of hope and encouragement made this book one of a kind. I recommend the audio version.
Zig’s Main Ideas:
- Have the heart of a servant. Sales is about serving the prospect, not about serving yourself.
- You need to establish trust and respect with your prospect if you want to close the sale. People do business with people that they like and trust.
- People forget price but they’ll never forget poor quality or a poor choice. Make sure you are selling the right product/service to the prospect. If your product/service doesn’t meet their needs, make sure you tell them.
- Follow-through until the prospect is satisfied.
- Be honest.
- Have integrity in your personal life and sales career.
- Know how your prospect feels and think. Be empathetic.
- Obtain profound knowledge of your product/service. Speak from the heart and believe that your product/service is the best. If the product has drawbacks, well, then explained it to the customer.
- Look for what the prospect needs. Don’t try to sell less or more.
- Tell a story or paint a picture. People love stories, and they will buy if in your story they see themselves as satisfied customers.
- Make an honest effort to close the sale, even if you see that the customer is not going to buy, but also know when to stop.
- Learn how to ask questions.
- Use the proper tone of voice.
- Have the right attitude. Smile.
- It’s not about making a sale. It has to be about building a sales career.
How important is the HEART in the sales career:
- H: in the heart of your sales career is honesty.
- E: is ego and empathy.
- A: is your attitude toward you, your prospects and profession.
- R: is for physical, mental, and spiritual reserve.
- T: is for tough — and the toughest thing is love
I have learned that a lot of things are a sale. When you are trying to convince your boss about an idea, that is a sale. When you are in a interview and you are trying to sell yourself, that is a sale. When you are doing a presentation and your are trying to convince the people about your findings or hypothesis, that is a sale. I can go on and on and on, but you get the point. Learn the process and the steps on how to make a sale. It’s a skill that you would not regret.